Find the Best Colleges in South Carolina
South Carolina is home to many excellent colleges and universities for students to choose from. Additionally, it is noted for its rich history and gorgeous landscapes. In fact, the state is home to some of the most attractive islands and sandy beaches in the country. Students who enjoy the beach can visit the Kiawah Island community on weekends or breaks. For avid hikers and nature lovers, some landscapes worth checking out include Congaree National Park, Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail, and Fort Sumter National Monument, to name a few.
Overview: South Carolina Colleges and Universities
CollegeStats makes it easy to compare colleges in South Carolina by tuition, degree program types, and many other college stats. Here’s an overview to help with your search.
- Technical colleges: 16 technical schools throughout South Carolina offer 2-year degrees in a variety of academic fields.
- Public four-year and graduate colleges: The University of Southern Carolina system is comprised of 8 campuses scattered over the state. Whether students are looking to get closer to their dream career by obtaining a higher degree or explore a professional program, there are many options to choose from. This system offers over 200 Master’s and PhD programs. Many of the state’s pharmacists, lawyers, and doctors graduated from the University of Southern Carolina. Remote learning is also a possibility, as the system provides convenient online courses for students to take.
- Private four-year and graduate universities: South Carolina has 40 private 4-year and graduate universities. Of the 40, Bob Jones University is the most popular, with an average student body of 3,275 individuals paying an in-state tuition cost of $13,570. The state also has private schools with religious affiliations, such as Benedict College (Baptist), Claflin University (Methodist), and Erskine College (Presbyterian), to name a few.
Compare South Carolina colleges with our search tool below.
|Rank||School Name||City||State||Net Cost||School Level||Retention Rate||Details|
-24 - of
Did You Know? Fun Facts about South Carolina
What’s your favorite fun fact about South Carolina?
- Barbeque originated from South Carolina.
- South Carolina is one of the states in the US that produces the most peaches – Johnston is the Peach Capital of the world.
- Ridgeway is home to the smallest police station.
- Fortune-tellers need a special permit to give fortunes in the state.
- The biggest Gingko farm in the world is located in Sumter.
- The movie, “The Notebook,” was filmed in South Carolina.
- The official state amphibian is the salamander.
- The only state in the country that grows tea is South Carolina.
- South Carolina is home to 1 national forest, 4 state forests, and 47 state parks.
South Carolina offers many academic options for students. Narrow the list of South Carolina colleges with our easy-to-use search tool to determine which degree program is best for your goals.