Find the Best Colleges in Indiana
Indiana provides endless educational opportunities to meet every student’s goals in 100 community colleges and over 50 public and private 4-year institutions. Additionally, there are competitive liberal art colleges in the state that provide versatile degree programs that are appealing to many employers today. Specialty schools such as beauty, medical, and technology schools are also available as education options in Indiana.
A perk of studying in Indiana is the safety and cost of living. To put things into perspective, a big house with a sizable backyard in a quiet suburb is nearly a fifth of what Californians pay for an equivalent house. This allows students to save more money for college and beyond.
Compare the choices with our college search tool. You can sort the list of Indiana colleges according to price, admission rate and other college statistics.
Indiana Colleges Overview
To guide your college search, here’s an overview of Indiana’s public and private community colleges, four-year colleges and universities.
- Community colleges: Indiana has a total of 46 community colleges scattered throughout the state, serving over 200,000 students.
- Public schools: With a student body of nearly 75,000, Purdue University is one of the largest university systems in the US. Though the main campus is located in West Lafayette, Purdue has a total of five campuses, extension centers, a statewide technology program, and continuing education programs. It is praised for providing top-notch education in engineering, agriculture, and business programs. Indiana University Bloomington is a public university providing great value in terms of fine education at reasonable tuition rates.
- Private & religious schools: Many of the private schools in Indiana hold religious affiliation. Notable Roman Catholic institutions include the University of Notre Dame and the University of Saint Francis. Other colleges like Anderson University, Indiana Wesleyan University, and Taylor University hold affiliation with Protestant denominations.
Which Indiana colleges are best for your goals? Find out with our search tool!
|Rank||School Name||City||State||Net Cost||School Level||Retention Rate||Details|
-24 - of
Fun Facts about Education in Indiana
- Indiana takes pride in providing higher education opportunities for students all around the world. Here are some useful and fun facts about education in Indiana.
- The 1816 constitution of Indiana was the first state in the US to implement a state-funded public school system.
- Flagship campus Indiana University is the largest educational institution, and in 1820, was endorsed as Indiana Seminary.
- A majority of the private schools in Indiana are affiliated with religious groups.
- Indiana’s community college system serves over 200,000 students yearly.
- Indiana is home to big sports teams such as the NFL’s Indianapolis Colts and the NBA’s Indiana Pacers.
- Indiana is nicknamed as the “Hoosier State.”
- This diverse state consists of highly populated metropolitan areas and some smaller industrial towns, perfect for the city or domestic student!
The options are endless! Narrow the list of Indiana colleges with our easy-to-use college search tool.