Find the Best Colleges in North Carolina
Students can expect a diverse variety of academic programs available in North Carolina colleges and universities. The state has some of the very best for fields such as information technology, agriculture, and banking, to name a few. Much of North Carolina’s economy is centered on paper, textiles, and chemical manufacturing, along with agriculture.
In addition to exemplary academic programs, North Carolina also has prestigious research institutions like the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Duke University, and North Carolina State University at Raleigh, for students who are looking to conduct research in biotechnology, nanotechnology, genetics, and biochemistry developments.
Overview of Colleges and Universities in North Carolina
CollegeStats makes it easy to compare colleges in North Carolina by tuition, degree program types, and many other college stats. Here’s an overview to help with your search.
- Community colleges: The North Carolina Community College System is comprised of over a dozen community colleges offering two-year associate degrees in various fields of study.
- Public four-year and graduate colleges: Public four-year and graduate colleges are managed under the University of North Carolina system. This system is comprised of 16 public schools offering a plethora of curriculum to explore. A great perk of studying at one of these campuses is its exchange program, which manages the exchange of their students with other students around the world. Currently, their exchange program operates in Finland, Mexico, Australia, Brazil, Canada, and more!
- Private four-year and graduate universities: There are a total of 38 private 4-year and graduate universities, and another 17 that are private liberal arts schools in North Carolina. Duke University is a prestigious university noted for its rigorous research programs and competitive coursework in majors including psychology, economics, computer science, and engineering.
Check out our list of top North Carolina colleges below.
|Rank||School Name||City||State||Net Cost||School Level||Retention Rate||Details|
-24 - of
Did You Know? Trivia About North Carolina
Did you know these cool trivia about North Carolina?
- Some of the most gorgeous beaches in the country are located in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
- Krispy Kreme was born in Winston-Salem.
- Milk is the state’s official beverage.
- Bath is the oldest town of North Carolina, and dates all the way back to 1705.
- The oldest State University in the country is the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
- America’s first gold rush took place in Cabarrus County in NC.
- Raleigh is home to the first state art museum in the United States.
- The state has a total of 4 national forests and 27 state parks.
- Mount Mitchell is the tallest mountain in North Carolina.