50 Essential Sites to Find Obscure College Sports Stats
You may already be familiar with college sports stats offered by mainstream media such as ESPN and CBS Sports; however, you may find that lone wolf sports fanatics and obsessed data geeks could have more obscure records waiting for you online. Additionally, while football and basketball have garnered much attention in the collegiate sports realm, other obscure sports such as water polo and snowboarding also have their merits. Hence this list of 50 essential sites for any college sports fan who craves some intense stats and rankings.
General Sports Stats
- ACC: The Atlantic Coast Conference sports fan can find stats, rankings, teams and much more at this Web site.
- Big 10 Conference: Learn more about the men’s and women’s sports at this Big Ten site.
- Big 12 Sports: The Big 12 Conference, despite being one of the youngest conferences in America, embarks on its 15th season in 2010-11.
- College Sports Matchups: CSM offers all the significant news for your team in one place, no matter if it’s from the ACC, Big 12, Big East, Big Ten, PAC-10 or SEC.
- Hickok Sports: Not a fancy site, but one filled with tons of information about every sport imaginable from college to pro.
- NAIA: This is the official site for the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, and provides a different perspective on college athletes and their various sports.
- NCAA: Every sport imaginable within the National Collegiate Athletic Association is listed here, including legislation and governance, stats and records.
- NJCAA: The National Junior College Athletic Association offers stats, reports, award winners and more at this site.
- SEC Sports Fan: This site provides perspective on the Southeastern Conference that you can get nowhere else, including an overview of every major college sport in that arena.
- STATS: STATS provides unparalleled coverage of 234 sports including real-time scores, historical sports info and AP editorial.
- StatSheet: Follow news and stats, build your own charts and read analysis at this site.
- StatTweets: Use Twitter to follow just the teams you are interested in and to interact with each account to retrieve team and player stats dynamically.
- Warren Nolan: Get your fill of college stats and ratings for basketball, football, baseball and softball.
- Women’s Sports Foundation: Look to this site for stats such as gender studies and more for a variety of sports at all levels and age groups.
Baseball and Basketball
- Baseball America: This link takes you straight to the college section of this site, where you can find news, trackers, stats, scores and more for teams across America.
- Baseline Stats: This site is devoted to college basketball statistics.
- Black College Baseball: Do the conference “Quick Pick” to learn more about your division, team and individual player.
- Boyd’s World: Enjoy easy and simple college baseball ratings, analysis, and “the occasional opinion.”
- Bracket Science: Pete Tiernan has been using stats to analyze March Madness for 19 years. His insights into the NCAA tournament and college basketball stats can help you build a better bracket.
- College Baseball 360: Enjoy schedules, stats, polls and live coverage of all your favorite teams.
- College Baseball Insider: This is the total college baseball site, filled with NCAA stats, journals, team links and scores and schedules.
- Pomeroy Ratings and Stats: Enjoy the blog and drink up the college basketball ratings and stats found at this site.
- Society for American Baseball Research: SABR’s mission is to foster the study of baseball past and present, and to provide an outlet for educational, historical and research information about the game.
- SR College Basketball: Get schedules and stats for every D-1 college football team in the country as well as information on bowl games, coaches, conference standings, poll results, and more.
- The Baseball Cube: This site goes from high schools and minor leaguers to college and beyond. Find stats as well as fantasy analysis tools.
- CFBStats: Get your college football stats here, from national to conferences, and by teams and players.
- Chris Stassen’s Football Search: Chris Stassen has several programs to access a database of all college football scores viewed by a variety of methods.
- College BCS: Learn everything you need to know about the Bowl Championship Series in football. This site is known for scoops, and you can subscribe for a fee.
- College Football Data Warehouse: This site focuses on the historical data of college football, including all-time records of all division 1-A teams, national champs and conference champions.
- D3 Football: This is your main source for Division III football information from news to awards, stats and rankings.
- Football Outsiders: Football Outsiders brings you a series of brand new, in-depth statistics you can’t find anywhere else.
- Max Emfinger: If you want to know the future of college football, take a look at the national voice for high school football recruiting and the famous Mears Index ratings.
Track and Field
- Athletic.net: This site carries collegiate track and field and cross country stats. Schools sign in to log their stats so you can see first-hand results.
- Direct Athletics: Based in Boston, MA, DirectAthletics provides online entry services and Web-based automation tools for data-intensive sports such as swimming, track & field and road racing.
- Runner Space Collegiate: Check out rankings, compare teams and learn more about cross, indoor and track nationals.
- USATF: USA Track & Field (USATF) is the National Governing Body for track and field, long-distance running and race walking in the United States.
- U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association: Get into this site to learn more about team rankings, polls, results and much more from a different perspective.
- Bad Jocks: Bad boys, bad girls…whatcha gonna do? Read about them, from high school to pros, at this blog.
- Coach Rey’s Volleyball Stats: This link leads straight to the stats at Coach Rey’s site. But, be sure to browse through the rest of the site to hone your game or to learn how the game is won.
- College and Junior Tennis: Get college results and watch the junior rankings for possible drafts.
- College Tennis Online: Dig into rankings, teams and more at this site dedicated solely to college tennis.
- Collegiate Water Polo Association: Find schedules and results as well as stats and profiles for college teams across America.
- Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association: A rare look at specific stats for eastern college ski clubs.
- Inside LaCrosse: From college to elite, this site covers the country from stats to recruiting.
- LaxPower: Are you into high school and college lacrosse? This site carries all the stats you might need for this sport.
- Podium Sports Journal: This online journal provides credible and practical and cutting-edge information on best practices in mental training and conditioning.
- Sports Are 80 Percent Mental: If you want stats and information on developing the mental side of sports, visit this site. All sports are covered.
- Sweat Science: Sweat Science is an online extension of the Jockology column in the Globe and Mail newspaper, which examines exercise and athletic performance through the lens of scientific research.
- USCHO: Enjoy stats and rankings for D-1 Men and D-III mean and women’s hockey.
- USCSA: The USCSA is the sports federation for collegiate team ski racing and snowboard competition in America.