List of the Largest Colleges in Online
Which are the Biggest Online Colleges?
If you’re considering online learning, the biggest online colleges offer the most variety in terms of majors and fields of study. Narrow down your list of online colleges with our search tool below.
University of Phoenix-Online CampusPhoenix, AZ
Ivy Tech Community CollegeIndianapolis, IN
American Public University SystemCharles Town, WV
Liberty UniversityLynchburg, VA
Miami Dade CollegeMiami, FL
Lone Star College SystemThe Woodlands, TX
Houston Community CollegeHouston, TX
Grand Canyon UniversityPhoenix, AZ
Northern Virginia Community CollegeAnnandale, VA
Walden UniversityMinneapolis, MN
Tarrant County College DistrictFort Worth, TX
Kaplan University-Davenport CampusDavenport, IA
University of Central FloridaOrlando, FL
Austin Community College DistrictAustin, TX
University of Minnesota-Twin CitiesMinneapolis, MN
University of Maryland-University CollegeAdelphi, MD
Florida International UniversityMiami, FL
Ohio State University-Main CampusColumbus, OH
Broward CollegeFort Lauderdale, FL
Valencia CollegeOrlando, FL
Western Governors UniversitySalt Lake City, UT
University of FloridaGainesville, FL
Texas A & M University-College StationCollege Station, TX
The University of Texas at AustinAustin, TX
Capella UniversityMinneapolis, MN
1 - 25 of 3506
Advantages of Biggest Online Colleges
So you’ve made up your mind: you want to study online. Still trying to decide between going with a big or small college? Here are some advantages associated with the largest online colleges.
- Just like bigger colleges in general, the bigger online colleges offer a wider variety of classes and majors to choose from. If you are looking to explore your options and test the waters before making a decision on which major you’d like to earn you degree in, choosing an online college will allow you to take classes in different fields and give you the opportunity to identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Bigger online colleges generally have a more organized and standard system of doing things, whether it be communication means, project instructions, deadlines, etc.
- Larger universities come with a larger student body, which means that each class will have more students. As a result, by choosing a bigger online college, you’ll be able to interact with a wider variety of students in online class discussions and beyond.
- More educational resources are generally available and easily accessible at big online colleges.
Tips for Success: Pursuing an Education Online
Online schooling is not for everyone, but it can be very convenient and useful for those who are well-prepared and understand the requirements for success of online learning. Here are some tips that may help make your online education experience easier:
- Make sure you’re prepared.
- Own a laptop or computer.
- Have reliable Internet.
- Know and use your resources.
- Don’t procrastinate.
- Be a pro-active learner.
- Ask questions.
- Post frequently on student discussion boards.
- Brush up on your time management skills.
- Buy a planner.
- Plan out your day, allowing time for personal errands and work, and of course, time for your classes, studying, and assignments.
- Make a friend or two.
- Getting to know one or two online classmates is a great way to network, and everyone can help each other by reminding each other of due dates or helping each other out on assignments when needed.